It is the mission of Grande Sports World to provide to its students the opportunity for an excellent education and learning that will prepare them for college and beyond.
Benefits to Full-Time Residency:
- Full immersion into academics, athletic development and life skill training
- Strong communication and interaction between high school teachers and academy staff in developing students personal goals and future college objectives
- Significant focus on personal development using community service and leadership training as a foundation for success
- Receive multiple opportunities to showcase their talent to the Real Salt Lake coaching staff and numerous college coaches
- Train and compete with the Real Salt Lake first team in preseason at Grande Sports World and other venues
- Travel to compete for Real Salt Lake in MLS Reserve League matches with and against professional players
- Participate in the Real Salt Lake Combine
- Watch and participate in MLS Preseason friendlies on the Grande Sports World campus
100 percent of our graduates have earned a college scholarship offer or have signed a professional contract. The off-campus education provided to the student-athletes have led seniors to be accepted and attend universities such as Stanford, University of Virginia, UCLA, Marquette University, University of Louisville, University of Washington, United States Air Force Academy, Georgetown University, Clemson University, University of California – Irvine, Grand Canyon University, University of Wisconsin, University of New Mexico, Oregon State University, the University of Denver, Gonzaga University, Loyola Marymount University, Southern Methodist University, Sand Diego State University, University of South Carolina, University of Seattle, College of Charleston and many others.
You will have the opportunity to pick from two possible academic tracks – choosing either Vista Grande High School or Mission Heights Preparatory High School.
Vista Grande High School
“Inspiring Excellence by providing globally competitive educational opportunities”
Located just a few miles from the Grande Sports World campus, Vista Grande High School enrolls nearly 1600 students each year, putting a strong focus on high student achievement, providing access to the best staff and a positive, safe environment, and priding themselves on being responsive to their student’s needs. They offer advanced placement courses, tutoring, college counseling and other support programs to prepare each student for their college future.
Visit the Spartan’s Website.
Mission Heights Preparatory High School
“Create an environment where academic success is built on the pillars of college readiness, community service, civic duty, and self-discipline”
Mission Heights is a charter high-school located in Case Grande – offering smaller class sizes and have limited their enrollment to just 500 students. Their goal is to prepare each and every student to succeed at the national top institutions of higher learning. As such, the school provides extensive advanced placement and college preparatory classes, using AVID strategies infused throughout the curriculum.
Visit the Phantom’s Website.
High school is a time when your decisions off the field or golf course can change the direction of your entire adult life and professional career. The Life Skills concept is a comprehensive approach that concentrates on developing the behavioral skills needed for a successful and productive life. These skills include communication, decision–making, critical thinking, managing emotions, self–esteem building, resisting peer pressure, and forming relationships. The program adopts an interactive approach using games, role-playing, group discussions, and other dynamic teaching techniques to keep participants actively involved in the sessions.
- Study Skills/Time Management
- Self-Esteem and Identity
- Goals and Careers
- Conflict Management